We have a mini-episode for you today that will hopefully inspire you to try something new! These are our 5 favorite things to do when we need some inspiration to practice and use our Spanish. Try 1 or all of them and let us know how it went!
- Order en Español at a restaurant or cafe – Some phrases to use: Me puedas dar (can you give me…..), Dame ____ por favor (Give me 2 tacos porfavor), para aquí or para llevar? (For here or to go?), efectivo o tarjeta (how to pay – cash or credit), sin (without).
- Watch a movie en Español – Recommendations: No Se Aceptan Devoluciones, Mama (con Penelope Cruz), Diarios de Motocicleta, Amores Perros, Y Tu Mama También. TV Episodios: Narcos, Las Chicas del Cable. Tip: Keep a notebook next to you to write down words and phrases
- Play Loteria – Fun Mexican game. Make it a drinking game, play with friends. Play with pinto beans.
- Try a Latin Food Recipe – Nuestra favorito es ceviche y margaritas!
- Invite a Friend Over to speak Spanish – This one can go along with any of the previous 4. Invite a friend to join you as long as they are willing to speak Spanish. If you are just starting out set a timer for 20-30 minutes and try and speak “solo en espanol” for that time.
Que tengas un buen fin de semana!
Gracias por escuchar!
Jennie y Benjamin